How to handle multiple SSIDs with the same BSS

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Dec 29 12:34:56 PST 2009

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 06:43:48PM -0800, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> be careful with the D-Bus object path. If you give invalid characters
> then it will crash.

Crashing on invalid string would be interesting default behavior from a
library (mine did not call abort() but did show the warning). Anyway,
obviously we should not have triggered this in the first place.

> #4  0x0000003924c0c66c in dbus_connection_unregister_object_path (connection=0xa64ba0,
>     path=0xa64eb0 "(null)/BSSs/76") at dbus-connection.c:5607

> #6  0x000000000042f760 in wpas_dbus_unregister_bss (wpa_s=0xa67880,

> This happens when shutting down wpa_supplicant. See the (null) in the
> object path on unregister.

The BSS objects were being unregistered twice and the latter time was
after the D-Bus path had already been freed. This should now be fixed
and I also provided bit more complete handling of network objects (the
ones from configuration file were not being registered, but they were
being unregistered).