Multiple BSSIDs with encryption method failed with BroadCom wireless driver

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Dec 28 01:23:18 PST 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 05:08:14PM +0800, sun keyong wrote:
> 2009/12/23 sun keyong <sunkeyong at gmail.com>

> > I use Broadcon wireless network interface card, I try to setup two BSSID,
> > one with WPA encryption method, the other with WPA2 encryption method, I try
> > to use hostapd to support the encryption method. The hostapd version is
> > 0.6.9, I can use hostapd for one bssid with encryption method, if I try to
> > set up both of them with encryption method by hostapd, the hostapd can not
> > support this. The client cannot connect the second BSSID.

> > I am not sure I configure correct or is there some limitation of hostapd of
> > encryption for Multiple BSSID. If this is limitatioin of hostapd, do you
> > have any schedule to fix this.
> > The configure file is:
> > interface=wl0
> > driver=bcm

Where did you get this hostapd from? hostapd 0.6.9 does not include
driver=bcm option and as such, this must be coming from somewhere else.
Since I have not even seen that driver wrapper, I have no idea what its
capabilities are and you should probably target this question to whoever
is providing you that modified version of hostapd and not this mailing
list.