When EAP-TNC use, should I disable fast_reauth ?

r.ooba at ictec.co.jp r.ooba
Mon Dec 7 23:37:40 PST 2009

>Why did the authentication fail?

In my previous email, I wrote "wpa_supplicant auth failed" by mistake.
I meant "wpa_supplicant auth successful". I am sorry about that.
However, wpa_supplicant was isolated.

>This sounds a bit odd.. If the first authentication failed,
>wpa_supplicant should not be able to try session resumption.

It made a mistake.
I meant "wpa_supplicant auth successful".

>EAP-TNC is controlled by the authentication server, so if it need to
>validate TNC information, it should be able to do so here.. I would like
>to better understand what exactly happened before recommending
>fast_reauth to be disabled for this kind of use and if this is known to
>have problems, I would rather make wpa_supplicant work around them
>without requiring the user to change configuration.

Is it a thing that you investigate?

Thanks,
Oba Ryuji