IWEVPMKIDCAND Event

Paresh Sawant paresh.sawant
Wed Aug 26 22:56:49 PDT 2009

Thanks Jouni !

Since we have provision in wpa_supplicant code to handle IWEVPMKIDCAND
event, we must have tested that with some hardware/driver combination,
right ? is it possible to share information on those hardware/drivers
?

Is there a way to know beforehand at run time to know whether the
driver supports IWEVPMKIDCAND event notification? If we could know
that it does not support, then we could turn on 'ap_scan=1' during run
time, and facilitate preauthentications with right candidates. The
idea is to eliminate the race condition between event handlers for
driver driven IWEVPMKIDCAND event and ap_scan=1 driven event.

Why roaming is associated with IWEVPMKIDCAND ? IWEVPMKIDCAND is just
to facilitate the preauthentication with the candidate access points,
and that leads to pmksa caching and hence fast hand-off in case of
roaming, right? correct me if I'm wrong in understanding.

Thanks
- Paresh