Diffie-Hellman implementation

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Aug 19 15:06:45 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 04:02:40PM -0500, Michael Kurecka wrote:
> Does anyone know if the DH implementation of the wpa_supplicant/hostapd meet
> the SP800-56a requirements?

Which implementation and which use case do you mean? If you are using an
external crypto library, like libcrypto from OpenSSL, DH functionality
would be coming from there for TLS. If you are talking about the
internal TLS implementation (or WPS for that matter), the internal DH
implementation would be used.

As far as the external DH implementation is concerned, this would be a
question for the crypto library. As far as the internal one is
concerned, I haven't checked the details, but I would be surprised if it
met all the requirements from SP 800-56a.