bind(PF_UNIX): Address already in use,Failed to setup control interface

GNUtoo GNUtoo
Sun Apr 26 14:56:46 PDT 2009

Hello,

When the computer is brutally powered off by accident(the computer's
power off button is near a small table and sometime the table touch the
button) or because there is no more power(also happen a lot here...when
you use too many power-hungry things at once(like washing machines
etc...)...) and reboots hosapd don't work anymore.
you need to login into the machine(so I'm needed and I'm not always
there) and restart the hostapd service
so here's what you have in this case with the serial cable on the boot
just after the power cut:
 * Starting dhcpd ...
[ ok ]
 * Starting hostapd ...Configuration file: /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf
Using interface wlan1 with hwaddr 00:22:15:3f:b0:7c and ssid 'my_essid'
bind(PF_UNIX): Address already in use
Failed to setup control interface
                                                   [ !! ]
 * Starting named ...