wpa_supplicant : Association request to the driver failed

Dan Williams dcbw
Wed Apr 8 06:56:47 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 14:41 +0800, lijinlei1 wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> I am using the 2.6.24 stock kernel from kernel.org, and i.MX31L (3-stack) platform. I applied the freescale patch to get the SDIO working.
> I tried 2 options: 2.6.24 libertas (from stock kernel) + v8.73 firmware (from Marvell), not work.
>                    2.6.27 libertas (from stock kernel) + v9.70 firmware (from Marvell), still no luck.
>
> The logs from wpa_supplicant 0.6.9 are the same for the 2 options above.
> I traced the call sequences, I found in wpa_driver_wext_associate():
>
> line 2096:
>  if (wpa_driver_wext_set_auth_param(drv,
>         IW_AUTH_PRIVACY_INVOKED, value) < 0)
>   ret = -1;
> and line 2111:
>  if (wpa_driver_wext_set_auth_param(drv,
>         IW_AUTH_RX_UNENCRYPTED_EAPOL,
>         allow_unencrypted_eapol) < 0)
>
> Those 2 calls failed. The libertas driver can't handle those 2 ioctls: IW_AUTH_PRIVACY_INVOKED and IW_AUTH_RX_UNENCRYPTED_EAPOL, with value 10 and 8 respectively.
> Will this be the cause of the association failure?

Probably not, no.  These calls aren't really required in your situation.
What happens _after_ the "association request to the driver failed" in
the supplicant?  Can you also use "-dddt" as the debug options to the
supplicant so we can get some more info about what's going on?

dan