IBSS beacon generation problem

Sean knife
Thu Apr 2 20:29:23 PDT 2009

I have made a seven node olsr mesh with the settings that I sent
earlier. This was using ndiswrapper with a VIA vt6655 card (horrible
card, by the way). The data is encrypted. It uses a group key, so it is
not extremely secure. But it is better than WEP. Also if I change the
group to CCMP (group=CCMP) it will use AES encryption, which is even
better. I have gotten it to interoperate with a third party access
point. I set the access point to adhoc with wpa-tkip and it will work
with my ndiswrapper card. Also if I set the access point to adhoc with
WPA2-AES and I set my group to CCMP it will also interoperate. I suspect
that my ap is downgrading to adhoc with wpa-aes but I am not really sure.

Give it a try!

Sean

??? wrote:
> It seems that you mentioned the following paragraph.
> "Note: IBSS can only be used with key_mgmt NONE (plaintext and static WEP) and key_mgmt=WPA-NONE (fixed group key TKIP/CCMP)"
>
> However, even with the above comment, hostapd-0.7.x has ibss_rsn module to handle WPA-PSK in IBSS mode. Moreover, there are some guys, as I know, who succeed PSK signaling in IBSS mode.
>
> "...  So I can send and receive encrypted data between two stations in ad-hoc mode after successfull 4-way handshake.
> For this I modified some parts in hostapd, wpa_supplicant and important in the madwifi driver.
> Kindest regards,
>  Christian"
>
> So I am suspecting windows NDIS driver about this problem.
>
> Thanks.

>>> ssid="test adhoc"
>>> mode=1
>>> proto=WPA