Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) and hostapd/wpa_supplicant

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Oct 28 06:19:04 PDT 2008

Due to legal threats from my former employer, I temporarily removed all
of the WPS implementation from hostapd/wpa_supplicant repository. After
consulting with my attorneys at the Software Freedom Law Center, I
continue to believe that my former employee's claims are unfounded.
Accordingly, I am restoring the WPS implementation to my web site. Thank
you for your patience during our review when the code was not available
on my website.

Currently, the WPS code is included in a separate Git repository that
has the full history of hostapd and wpa_supplicant. I will probably
release one more 0.6.x version from the other repository (i.e., the
current development branch without WPS) and then start looking into
merging WPS code into future releases. This will also involve looking
into other implementations that are not hosted at my server for
additional functionality that could be merged into the main repository.

The Git repository with WPS and full history is now available from
git://w1.fi/srv/git/hostap-full.git
(or http://w1.fi/hostap-full.git if you cannot use native git protocol)
and it is also visible through gitweb at http://w1.fi/gitweb/gitweb.cgi.