Bugfix: engine in EAP-TTLS phase2

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Nov 18 06:56:21 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 11:23:52AM +0100, Carolin Latze wrote:

> I fixed the engine issue in phase2 of EAP-TTLS. The problem was that you
> only defined one engine variable, which was read already in phase1. I
> defined some new variables:
> engine2
> engine2_id
> pin2


> and added support to read those in phase2 wheres all the engine
> variables without number are only read in phase1. That solved it and I
> am now able to use an engine also in EAP-TTLS phase2. Unfortunatly I am
> not able to provide a patch since I changed more things in order to
> integrate the TPM engine, but I uploaded the files I changed for this fix:
> http://diuf.unifr.ch/people/latzec/0.6.4-fix-engine-phase2.tar.gz

Well.. I need to generate the patch to be able to apply this to the
current development tree. In general, I would highly prefer to receive a
patch file and not a copy of the full, modified files. This just adds
extra work for me to be able to merge in changes and reduces the
likelihood of getting things included if it gets more complex than a
trivial diff(1) run.. I did this this time and cleaned up couple of the
changes a bit and the end result is now in the 0.6.x development tree.

Jouni Malinen                                            PGP id EFC895FA

More information about the Hostap mailing list