wpa_supplicant: DH prime sent by server is too short

Philip M. White pmw
Thu Nov 6 09:10:13 PST 2008

I've been using wpa_supplicant 0.5.7 at my university (with EAP-PEAP) with few
minor problems.  My laptop has an Intel 4965 wireless adapter, and I'm using
the latest iwlwifi firmware with kernel 2.6.27.  After upgrading to
wpa_supplicant 0.6.4, I'm no longer able to complete the 802.1x authentication
at all.

I've captured the output in debug mode:
http://www.qnan.org/~pmw/bug_reports/wpa_supplicant/0.6.4-utdallas.out

Seemingly the most important lines are 239-240:
tls_connection_handshake - gnutls_handshake failed -> The Diffie Hellman prime sent by the server is not acceptable (not long enough).
EAP: method process -> ignore=FALSE methodState=MAY_CONT decision=FAIL

This is my configuration:

eapol_version=2
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
network={
        ssid="UTDALLAS"
        key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
        auth_alg=OPEN
        eap=PEAP
        identity="pmw033000"
        password="********"
        phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
        priority=0
}

I've tried with and without a "ca_cert" directive.

--
Philip