wpa_cli ping-pong and power management

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev
Sat Nov 1 11:20:13 PDT 2008

On 11/1/08, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 09:31:16AM +0200, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
>
>  > I now can locate the select you mentioned.
>  > I tried to modify the code to recognize the disconnect and found that
>  > the control socket is dgram... So thee is no way  to know that the
>  > peer is down except trying to ping-pong.
>  > Will you accept an option to make the control socket stream?
>

> Changing this is a bit difficult now due to deployed systems and client
>  applications depending on the current mechanism. Anyway, I would
>  probably be fine with a build time option to select a stream socket

OK.
So will you at least for the time being modify the 2 sec interval to
something higher, something like 20 sec or so?

It will take some time to convert this to stream, as each packet
should also contain the length of the command, and the current
blocking processing of the control socket is not very suitable for
completing the command.

Alon.