Held State after a Authentication Fail. Help to understand this state.

Douglas Diniz dgdiniz
Mon May 12 11:16:24 PDT 2008

hi.....

I'm having some problems to understand this state. After I receive a
Access-Reject, the state machine will stop in Held State.
After that, any packet (related to the station that was rejected) will be
ignored by hostap SM until quietWhile period goes to 0.
When this happen, the SM goes to Restart state, sending a Request-Identity
to the station previously rejected.
My doubt is: Why the State machine goes to Restart State? In my vison, the
SM should go to other state, and only go back to Restart State if the
station re-send a Start, trying to authenticating again.
Someone could help me?

Thanks...........