回复: Why EAPOL packet are sended but never received.

娟 严 iamyanjuan
Wed May 7 04:59:16 PDT 2008

Hi!
??? The version of wpa_supplicant is wpa_supplicant-0.6.3, and the network card is Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC,and diver is 8319too or 8319cp as the default installation by linux system.
??? And setting the interface manually into promiscuous mode still can't help.When I use Wireshark(install on the same PC with wpa_supplicant) to capture the packet,there are only EAPOL-start packets(sent by wpa_supplicant).
??? This is really strange,and thanks for your help.

> ??????My problem is:
> ????? EAPOL packet are sended but never received. Switch:Cisco Catalyst 2950 series; PC/os: linux
> plus: When I use windows XP to authentication, the switch will? response normally.

Which version of wpa_supplicant are you using? Which network card and
driver are you using?

The EAPOL frame from the wired authenticator would be a multicast packet
and wpa_supplicant subscribes for that multicast group. It sounds like
something fails to deliver the frame to wpa_supplicant in this
particular case. Could you please test whether setting the interface
manually into promiscuous mode ("ifconfig eth0 promisc") would help? It
would also be interesting to see whether a packet sniffer (e.g.,
Wireshark or tcpdump) seems the EAPOL frame on the client.

--
Jouni Malinen? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? PGP id EFC895FA

http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/