wrong time?

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski
Mon May 5 15:07:11 PDT 2008

I have a mobile linux device that has no RTC as such if I start the
device to connect without setting the clock first I get

wpa_supplicant -Dmarvell -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -w
ioctl[SIOCSIWPMKSA]: Invalid argument
Trying to associate with 00:0b:0e:26:d2:80 (SSID='ABBA1X' freq=2437 MHz)
Associated with 00:0b:0e:26:d2:80
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-STARTED EAP authentication started
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-METHOD EAP vendor 0 method 25 (PEAP) selected
X509: Certificate not valid (now=1210001377 not_before=1156333193
not_after=1187869193)
CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING - signal 2 received

I would like to have the device set the time automatically but only if
it has to.
Is there a way to have it try and connect first without really connecting?
Just have it spit the above information to a script so that it can
determin it needs to set the time to half way between
not_before=1156333193 and not_after=1187869193

Or better yet is there a way to have wpa_supplicant set the time as it
is connecting?