Set WEP in wpa_supplicant.conf

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Mar 5 23:52:46 PST 2008

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 04:10:12PM +1100, hce wrote:

> I set up WEP in 64 bit and key1 = 123456789 in a Netgear AP, set up
> following in my wpa_supplicant.conf:
>

> key_mgmt=WEP

"WEP" is not a valid key_mgmt parameter. Static WEP keys do not use any
key management protocol and this should be key_mgmt=NONE.

> key1=123456789

"key1" is not a valid parameter in wpa_supplicant.conf. This would need
to be wep_key1 (or maybe more likely wep_key0 since this uses zero-based

If you are really using key 1 (of 0..3; i.e., key 2 if keys are indexed
1..4), you would also need to set wep_tx_keyidx=1. However, I would
assume that this was supposed to be wep_key0.