gcc 4.3 compiler warning, possible off-by-one error?

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Jun 5 07:52:10 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 07:01:25PM +0300, Jouni Malinen wrote:

> The current code is actually correct from functional view point, i.e.,
> WPA_PUT_BE32 is supposed to "overflow" the 3-octet oui field and
> continue to the oui_type. In other words, your patch is not correct way
> of getting rid of the warning. One way to do this would be to change the
> oui to 4-octet field and remove oui_type, but that is not exactly
> correct either since OUI is 24 bits.

But.. oui_type was not actually used directly anywhere, so I ended up
merging the fields into a single 4-octet array to get rid of these
warnings (which, by the way, my gcc 4.3.0 build does not show for some
reason).