D-Bus Documentation

Dan Williams dcbw
Mon Jul 21 07:20:07 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 11:23 +0530, Kiran Kulkarni wrote:
> I was going through the site and I found that, Documentation for the
> ctrl_iface is available. But I was looking for D-Bus interface, So It
> will be great if somebody send me the documentation of the D-Bus.

There isn't any at the moment, but it closely follows the ctrl_iface
documentation.  Part of the problem is that since it's pretty much
hand-coded libdbus, it doesn't support introspection, and thus the
documentation is all manual labor.  I've had some ideas to rework the
interface to be more dbus-like, but until that point there really should
be documentation for the existing interface.  I can try to start writing
some up.

In the mean time, feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to
answer them.  There's also wpa_supplicant/examples/wpas-test.py which
gives a quick overview of using the dbus interface via python.

Dan