WPA SUPPLICANT EAP-TNC

Jouni Malinen j
Sun Jul 6 00:37:09 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 04:27:43PM +0200, fbernal at um.es wrote:

> I have already set up a development scenario for test TNC. The
> scenario has a host with WPA-SUPPLICANT, AP with HOSTAPD and a AAA
> with FreeRadius. Now, I have a new problem :) I'm using EAP-TNC over
> EAP-TTLS but I've obtained a EAP-TTLS AVP OVERFLOW.
>
> Is this error showed because there are extra data in AVP?

Maybe or maybe not.. The EAP-TNC implementation in wpa_supplicant 0.6.3
did not support fragmentation and that could result in valid frames
being interpreted as invalid.

> In wpa_supplicant version 0.6.4 I have seen that support TNC
> fragmentation, Will the previous error be solved with fragmentation?
> or comes the error from another way?

The current development branch code (and the future 0.6.4 release) has
proper support for EAP-TNC fragmentation and that may indeed resolve the
problem you saw.