USB support

Dan Williams dcbw
Tue Jul 1 08:44:44 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 17:33 +0200, Martin J?rgens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have read a lot of mails which were from 2003 but did not find any
> recent statement. So, does hostap now support USB or is support planned?
> In the past linux-wlan-ng worked fine, but with recent kernels and
> mac80211 it is not that good :(

I'd started adding a USB interface driver to hostap, but it's a better
idea to do a completely new 'prism_usb' that's based on mac80211, since
HostAP doesn't easily handle asynchronous commands internally, which USB
pretty much requires.

mac80211 is the way forward, and if there are bugs in mac80211, we need
to fix those.

Dan