per-BSS driver data

Johannes Berg johannes
Sat Feb 23 01:54:46 PST 2008

Hi,

I've been thinking for a while that driver_nl80211.c will need per-BSS
driver data, in fact, it will have to use that for a number of variables
that I pushed out of the kernel.

I can either implement that completely within driver_nl80211.c by using
a BSS hashtable or so, or we can change the driver API to pass a BSS
pointer to all callbacks which was allocated by the bss_add() callback
(which would have to be changed to return void * instead of the current
error code).

Which option would you prefer? I think I would probably need some
assistance with the second option because I'm not familiar enough yet
with the core hostapd code.

johannes