pmkid in association request

Paresh Sawant paresh.sawant
Mon Dec 22 05:46:48 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm running wpa_supplicant on windows XP with Intel Pro/Wireless 3945abg
notebook adapter.

I have 2 linksys access points (WRT54GL), both belong to same ssid,
wpa_supplicant is configured as follows -

<------------------------------------------- START
ap_scan=2
network={
    ssid="linksis-wpa2-ttls"
    key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
    proto=WPA2
    pairwise=CCMP
    eap=TTLS
    identity="user"
    ca_cert="c:\ca.der"
    client_cert="c:\client.der"
    private_key="c:\clientkey.der"
    private_key_passwd="whatever"
    password="testing"
}

END ------------------------------------>

wpa_supplicant successfully manages to associate using eap-ttls with both
APS, but I notice while reassociating with either of the APs, even though
the association request carries valid PMKID in RSN IE, AP chooses to do
complete EAP-TTLS instead of skipping PMKSA. But it does NOT behave this way
when I have only one AP running, it honors the pmkid carried in the
association request and skips the PMKSA jumping directly to PTKSA.

I inted to do fast hand-off but since AP chooses to do complete EAP-TTLs, I
fail to perform that. What could be a issue out here?

Thanks
- Paresh