i802_set_country, NL80211_CMD_REQ_SET_REG & NL80211_ATTR_REG_ALPHA2 not declared

Ruben Gonzalez ruben.gonzalez
Fri Dec 5 08:13:28 PST 2008

> You probably need to download libnl sources and point it in your hostapd
> .config file.
>
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Ruben Gonzalez
> <ruben.gonzalez at entel.upc.edu
>> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having some problems building hostapd. When I do "make" a part of
>> the
>> code is built, but the process is stopped when it is compiling
>> driver_nl80211.c. 2 errors are thrown: in function i802_set_country,
>> NL80211_CMD_REQ_SET_REG & NL80211_ATTR_REG_ALPHA2 are not declared. What
>> do I need to fix the problem? I don't know much about nl80211 neither
>> mac80211, so I've googled trying to find where this macros could be
>> defined in. But no positive results were found. Thanks a lot.

No, that's not the problem (I guess). I have libnl 2.0 installed in
/usr/src/libnl, and these sources are pointed in .config by doing

LIBNL=/usr/src/libnl
CFLAGS += -I$(LIBNL)/include
LIBS += -L$(LIBNL)/lib

I have also added