about SIM SIMULATOR

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Dec 3 03:12:03 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 11:18:44AM +0100, Fernando wrote:

> Thank you very much for your reply, now EAP-SIM is working properly. On
> the other hand, to use EAP-AKA... we must use USIM_SIMULATOR, mustn't
> you? and the the triplets configuration... could it be the same?

EAP-AKA is more complex from testing view point since it includes replay
protection at the USIM. I have not looked at the patch to FreeRADIUS on
how it implements this, but just using a triplet (or well, quintet in
case of AKA) is not a suitable test for proper EAP-AKA implementation.
I've tested this with hostapd as the authentication server with the
included hlr_auc_gw to act as the HLR/AuC to generate the needed
challenges. This can be used with CONFIG_USIM_SIMULATOR in
wpa_supplicant.