wpa-ttls connection problems

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Aug 19 11:02:27 PDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 02:51:21PM +0200, samuel wrote:

> My university has a wireless network and they handed out instructions
> to connect to the network for windows and macosx...
>
> These are the instructions for the osX connection:
> http://helpdesk.ugent.be/ugentnet/UGentWPA_MACOS.pdf

> **I have tried to translate this in what i think should be a correct
> wpa_supplicant config... still it doesn't seem to be able to connect:

Your configuration looks fine to me and seems to match with what is
described in the instructions for OS X.

> **this is the log when i turn on extreme logging:
>
> http://merlin.ugent.be/log

This seems to show successfully started EAP-TTLS handshake. However, the
authentication server behavior on processing the first EAP-TTLS packet
from the peer is odd. It tries to start EAP-PEAP at that point which is
not allowed change at that point in EAP handshake.. Would you happen to
know which authentication server is used?