Driver support for GSPI 8686

Dan Williams dcbw
Mon Aug 11 08:59:37 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 17:18 +0530, Kiran Kulkarni wrote:
> I have Marvell GSPI 8686 adapter for Wi-Fi, I wanted to know whether I
> can use wpa_supplicant with it or do i have to write seperate driver
> interface, or can I us ndis as driver

If the vendor driver supports WEXT, then you should be able to use it
with the supplicant, though the vendor driver has historically not
played quite-so-nicely with WEXT.  ndis is only used on Windows.

The nice alternative would be to help get support for GSPI into the
upstream kernel driver.  I've got some specs I could use to implement
such support, but no hardware (I only have SDIO 8686) to test on.

Dan