macaddr_acl=2 and madwifi

Sam Leffler sam
Tue Aug 5 13:36:41 PDT 2008

Jasper Wallace wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up mac address based authentication against a radius
> server on a machine with an atheros interface and the madwifi driver.
>
> From looking back through the list (e.g.:
> http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2006-July/013829.html )
>
> It seems that this combination isn't supported.
>
> Is the problem that code is missing from hostapd to talk to the madwifi
> drivers?
>
> Afaict the madwifi drivers support a mac based wifi whitelist, so it looks
> like it's doable.
>
> (I'm trying to work out if this is fixable with an all nighter :) )

I sent Jouni code to add support for this on freebsd using "driver acl
support"--basically abstract acl-related operations so a driver can
intercept them and not depend on receiving mgt frames.  Not sure if he
ever merged it.  If it's not in the hostapd repo you can pull it from
freebsd's CVS (contrib/hostapd).  Integrating it w/ madwifi is another
matter...

    Sam