EAP-TLS Connection Problem

Joby Thampan joby.thampan
Fri Aug 1 02:46:24 PDT 2008

Thanks bryan for the fast answer.
The interface i am using for hostapd.conf is wireless itself., only some naming convention issue.

I checked with sniffer for EAP-TLS connection

According to RFC for a successfull connection this is the handshake required.

Authenticating Peer     Authenticator
   -------------------     -------------
                           <- EAP-Request/
                           Identity
   EAP-Response/
   Identity (MyID) ->
                           <- EAP-Request/
                           EAP-Type=EAP-TLS
                           (TLS Start)
   EAP-Response/
   EAP-Type=EAP-TLS
   (TLS client_hello)->
                           <- EAP-Request/
                           EAP-Type=EAP-TLS
                           (TLS server_hello,
                             TLS certificate,
                    [TLS server_key_exchange,]
                     TLS certificate_request,
                        TLS server_hello_done)
   EAP-Response/
   EAP-Type=EAP-TLS
   (TLS certificate,
    TLS client_key_exchange,
    TLS certificate_verify,
    TLS change_cipher_spec,
    TLS finished) ->
                           <- EAP-Request/
                           EAP-Type=EAP-TLS
                           (TLS change_cipher_spec,
                            TLS finished)
   EAP-Response/
   EAP-Type=EAP-TLS ->
                           <- EAP-Success

My WPA supplicant is able to send upto

EAP-Response/
   EAP-Type=EAP-TLS
   (TLS certificate,
    TLS client_key_exchange,
    TLS certificate_verify,
    TLS change_cipher_spec,
    TLS finished) ->

but in sniffer it is showing as More Fragments to follow. But I am not seeing any fragments following it and the connection
stops over there. Authenticaton Peer is waiting to recieve the next packet.