EAP-FAST: How to generate the PACs?

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Apr 30 00:46:28 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:20:53AM +0200, jws23 at web.de wrote:

> we have ported the WPA supplicant to an embedded device
> and are now about to test EAP-FAST.
> I tried to find tools able to generate the PACs, but
> googling revealed no success. Are there tools available,
> except from Cisco?s, which can produce the PACs?

Which EAP-FAST server are you using for authentication? The PAC format
is implementation specific..

Many EAP-FAST deployments use in-band provisioning which allows the PAC
to be generated during the first authentication with the server. What
kind of use case are you working with? If you want to generate a PAC for
testing wpa_supplicant, you can use eapol_test to perform EAP-FAST
authentication with in-band provisioning (i.e., the same authentication
that wpa_supplicant would be able to do if PAC was not configured).