help! wpa_supplicant compile error

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Apr 28 07:20:26 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 03:20:49PM +0800, ? ? wrote:

> ??? Now I am compiling the wpa_supplicant(v0.6.3g),and there are some errors that I don't know how to fix,however,when I use?a older version of wpa_supplicant(v0.5.3), and it can compile successfully.

Which version of OpenSSL are you using? Are you sure it is configured
correctly and the include header files match with the library files that
are linked with wpa_supplicant?

> ../src/crypto/tls_openssl.o(.text+0x14cc): In function `tls_connection_dh':
> tls_openssl.c: undefined reference to `PEM_read_bio_DHparams'
> ../src/crypto/tls_openssl.o(.text+0x1504):tls_openssl.c: undefined reference to `DH_free'

These calls for DH function in tls_openssl.c would only be included if
the OpenSSL header files do not define OPENSSL_NO_DH. It looks like the
OpenSSL header file you are using here does not define this, but the
OpenSSL library file may have been built with OPENSSL_NO_DH defined.