CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED on high traffic with hostapd v0.4.9 and NetBSD 4.0

Petar Bogdanovic petar
Mon Apr 14 12:49:44 PDT 2008

Hi,

I run a small AP for my flat with two ath-cards and two wireless
networks, sn.a (11a) and sn.g (11g) and I use hostapd v0.4.9 because
it's provided with NetBSD 4.0.

The networks work pretty well but when I try to raise the traffic (i.e.
bulk scp), my Linux wpa_supplicant v0.5.10 drops the connection and has
to reassociate/-authenticate.

It happens more often on the 11a than on the 11g network. Here is an
example session with full debug-output (-dd on both sides):

	http://smokva.net/hostapd/hostapd.conf.txt
	http://smokva.net/hostapd/hostapd.log.txt
	http://smokva.net/hostapd/wpa_supplicant.conf.txt
	http://smokva.net/hostapd/wpa_supplicant.log.txt

It fails around `CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED' in wpa_supplicant.log but I
really can't say where this moment is in hostapd.log so any hints would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

Petar