error while starting the wpa supplicant

Smith, Bruce bsmith
Thu Sep 13 12:17:11 PDT 2007

I normally specify the driver interface I want to run.  Either -Dwext or -Dmadwifi.

Regarding running as AP and Sta on the same card, I have done this configuration.  It is a pain and it is not the most stable of configurations.  However, it doesn't exhibit the same crash as the one described in the bug report.  You first bring up the station, let it associate then bring up the AP.  I'm still experimenting with behavior.  I was running this on 2.6.16-13 (suse 10.1) on an Atheros 5212 I believe and latest madwifi driver.

Cheers,
Bruce