Hostapd gives error with Madwifi.conf file

dennis khoo dhskhoo
Tue Sep 11 10:17:09 PDT 2007

Have you tried changing the mode to AP via wlanconfig
in madwifi-ng before running hostapd?  Madwifi-ng
currently does not support changing mode through
ioctl[SIOCSIWMODE] so you probably need to do
something like this if your radio starts out in
managed mode:

# wlanconfig ath0 destroy
# wlanconfig ath0 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode ap.

then start hostapd.

hopes this helps,
dennis