WPA: Failed to set PTK to driver with ipw2200 driver

Jagadish jagadish.nadimpalli
Wed Oct 24 06:03:49 PDT 2007

Hi,

       I have the following configuration.
1) ipw2200 driver version 1.2.2
2) ieee80211-1.2.18 (ieee subsystem)
3) ipw2200-fw-3.0 (Firmware)

With this combination, open and WEP authentication modes are working.
But WPA is not working. My command for running wpa_supplicant is as follows.

wpa_supplicant -Dwext -i<interface_name> -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

My wpa_supplicant.conf file looks like this...

network{
ssid="linksys"
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
pairwise=TKIP CCMP
psk="mypairwisekey"
proto=WPA
}

I am getting the following error in WPA logs.

Driver did not support SIOCSIWENCODEEXT.
WPA: Failed to set PTK to the driver.

ipw2200 source code has a handler for this ioctl.

Please help to solve this problem.

thanks in advance,
Jagadish