Why use wpa-roam?

Alexandros Gougousoudis gougousoudis-list
Thu Oct 11 05:58:41 PDT 2007

Hi,

one question, what for is wpa-roam? I have a few Wlan enviroments (home,
work, friend) and configured it via wpa-roam in my linux (Debian lenny,
wext with bcm43xx module, Kernel 2.6.23) with different
pseudo-interfaces, as found in a HowTo. All networks are in one
wpa_supplicant.conf. It works.

I had some trouble and played around with my settings an removed all the
wpa-roam stuff and the pseudo-interfaces and took the real wlan
interface. It also works in all of my enviroments (more or less).

So my question is, what is it for, if it works without it?

Please enlighten me. :-)

cu
 Alex