how do I kick a MAC address off my hostapd WiFi network?

Smith, Bruce bsmith
Wed Oct 10 14:08:05 PDT 2007

kill -HUP <process id> - sends a signal to the process which hostapd
will capture and process without terminating.  Whether it knocks off
stations is another matter.

Cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: hostap-bounces+bsmith=road-inc.com at shmoo.com
[mailto:hostap-bounces+bsmith=road-inc.com at shmoo.com] On Behalf Of
Daevid Vincent
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 12:58 PM
To: hostap at shmoo.com
Cc: 'Johannes Berg'; 'Nazeer Khan'
Subject: RE: how do I kick a MAC address off my hostapd WiFi network?

Forgive my ignorance, Eric Johansen (you may know of him) set this up
for me
like 5 years ago and I just "maintain" it.

I run Gentoo. I start it all via:

/etc/init.d/net.wlan0 start
/etc/init.d/hostapd start

So I don't know what/how a "SIGHUP" fits into that equation.

Thanks,

D.Vin
http://daevid.com