Atheros hostapd changes

Ted Merrill ted
Tue Oct 9 15:57:11 PDT 2007

Thanks for responding! I'll try submitting patches. After doing some research,
stgit seems the the toolset of choice....

For a description of WPS, try:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi_Protected_Setup

WPS is pretty cool... the user's client device is configured for maximum
security of communications with the AP without the user ever having to enter
anything, they just have to push a button on the AP and a button on the
client device (or equivalent there of, e.g. a menu selection).
WPS has also been known as "simple config", "Wifi Simple Config" or WSC, and
has origins in the Atheros JumpStart ("js") software as well as the usual
host of industry players.
Intel has made available an implementation "wsccmd"; Atheros currently uses
wsccmd communicating with hostapd via a modification to hostapd which i want
to get into the hostapd mainline...

-Ted