hostapd_ioctl.h

Alexander Kotelnikov sacha
Fri Oct 5 14:19:52 PDT 2007

JM> On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 09:48:41PM +0400, Alexander Kotelnikov wrote:
>> Err. But I need it, this is the driver which works with ralink cards.
JM>
JM> Well, it won't work with a kernel version that does not come with this
JM> file (i.e., the current wireless-2.6 version) even if you were to copy
JM> that file from somewhere else.

The question was, what is the legal way to get kernel sources suitable
for hostap build.

JM> This file is from the kernel tree (net/mac80211/hostapd_ioctl.h). If you
JM> have a kernel tree that has that file, you may be able to use
JM> driver_devicescape.c with it. If that file is not in the kernel tree,
JM> there is not much point trying.. The kernel interface is very much in
JM> flux at the moment and before this has been sorted out, be prepared for
JM> build issues (and interface not working even if you were to be able to
JM> build it).

Hm... does this mean it is better to wait some time (is there any
estimation, even rough?) then to try? My situation is even more
complicated, I want to run hostap on non-intel, Alpha architecture,
previous time I tried (~two months ago) it built but did not work.
--
Alexander Kotelnikov
Saint-Petersburg, Russia