CTRL-EVENT-EAP-FAILURE EAP authentication failed

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Nov 30 18:02:55 PST 2007

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 02:52:20PM +0530, Sukku wrote:

> I am trying to test wpa_supplicant on fedora 6 with wired (Ethernet)
> connection.

> When I try to trace packets at the time of this command
>
> EAP request packets are coming from switch, but my FC6 unable to send EAP
> response.

Could you please send me a capture log showing both the EAPOL-Start and
the EAP-Request frames? Please also verify that the multicast address
was configured properly for the interface: /proc/net/dev_mcast should
have something similar to this line:

4    eth0            1     0     0180c2000003

(the last value is the multicast group used for EAPOL)

You could also test setting the interface into promiscuous mode
(ifconfig eth0 promisc).