WDS+WPA

Pavel Roskin proski
Fri Nov 30 10:24:46 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 13:08 -0500, Michael Taylor wrote:
> Should I infer from the lack of response from the list that this either
> A) is already possible or B) has never been done before and I'm just
> clueless?  ;-D
>
> I am fully prepared to accept that I am clueless.  Either way, I shall
> make the attempt this weekend.  If anyone knows of a reason why this
> will/won't work it might save me some pain.

It was asked before.  I remember that Jouni answered that something
needs to be fixed for this to work.  It was maybe a year ago.  The list
archives are not exactly easy to search, and I don't remember any
specific words :-(

I also know that some access points offer WPA over WDS, but with some
limitations.  Here's the exact quote:

"WDS is only available in AP mode. Also Wireless encryption WPA2 and
Wireless network mode B-Only are not supported under WDS."

You can search for it, Google gives some interesting hits.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin