Bootup error : Unexpected LVT TMR intterupt

Archana Rajagopal archana.gopal
Fri Nov 23 09:15:23 PST 2007

Thank you Ambedkar!!
After I posted the message, I tried once again to make AP mode work.Itfinally
worked.But I did not use hostapd.The card is activated by the inbuilt hostap
driver and I could set master mode on the card.The Access Point was visible
from all systems and I could connect other systems to it.
In the Access Point, it gave the message(dmesg) that the system associated
and gave the hardware address of the associated machine also.But the ping
does not work.I can't ping from the access point nor from the other laptops.
Do I need hostapd?If so what does this command do:
   hostapd -B hostapd.conf

You have mentioned a .config file.Is it the hostapd.conf file?
Whenever I run the above command it says
"Hostap Driver initialization failed"
ioctl (SIOC..FLAG) No such device

Please do clarify.Moreover what is wpa_supplicant?Do I need it?

Thank you once again

Regards
Archana.

--