Kernel Configuration for HostAP

Archana Rajagopal archana.gopal
Wed Nov 21 08:43:24 PST 2007

Hi,
   The kernel version I am using is 2.6.18-2 on Fedora Core 6.I have the
following doubts regarding the configuration (such as to make HOSTAP work on
it).
HostAP is inbuilt in the kernel.

1)While configuring the kernel what options really affect the usage of
PCMCIA card Linksys WPC11 with Prism chipset.
2)My goal is to make the system automatically load HostAP when the Linksys
card is inserted.
3)What is the difference between "M" and "Yes" in kernel
configuration.Whatdoes it mean to modularize a feature?HostAP and
PCMCIA should be modularized
or given as 'Y'.

It would be very helpful if someone could clarify this.

--
Regards
Archana Rajagopal