Problem connecting to static WEP

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Nov 20 20:45:32 PST 2007

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 03:05:15PM +1000, Kel Modderman wrote:

> Just a note, ndiswrapper supports only WEXT for a long time now.
>
> Jouni, what reservations would you have to the removal of driver_ndiswrapper
> backend in the 0.6.X branch?

I would rather not remove it from the source package (but expect distros
to disable it in binary packages) as long as there is possibility for
someone using the old version. Anyway, I would be fine with adding text
describing the situation and recommending users to use driver_wext.c
instead in defconfig/README/etc. driver_ndiswrapper.c could also be made
to show errors that suggest testing driver_wext if some of ioctls fail.