802.1x strange phenomenon

王奕元 dadai.cm91
Fri Nov 2 05:43:10 PDT 2007

Hi, all.
I am a novice at 802.1x.
I met some very strange problems between supplicant and authenticator.

Following is my hostapd conf:
interface=ath0
bridge=br0
driver=madwifi
ssid=MyAP
ieee8021x=1
eapol_version=2
eap_message=hello
eap_reauth_period=3600
own_ip_addr=127.0.0.1
auth_server_addr=192.168.2.254
auth_server_port=1812
auth_server_shared_secret=mypassword
acct_server_addr=192.168.2.254
acct_server_port=1813
auth_server_shared_secret=mypassword

And at supplicant terminal, this is my wpa_supplicant conf:
network={
    ssid="MyAP"
    key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
    eap=MD5
    identity="testuser"
    password="testpassword"
}

Then, I type: wpa_supplicant -Dmadwifi -iath0 -cmyconf.conf
it displays "CTRL-EVENT-EAP-SUCCESS EAP authentication completed
successfully"

At that time, I ping from supplicant to other host in the same bridge,
AP can receive these ARP packets and forward to other bridge port,
and the host that I ping to also can respond the ARP packet,
AP also can send these packets out from its interface.
But,
My supplicant can receive any these packets!!!!!!
I wonder why this situation occure.

Every time few minutes after I receiving success EAP packet,
screen shows:
Authentication with 00:19:5b:ec:9a:70 timed out.
CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys

then, my association with AP is broken.

Does someone also meet the problem?
Is there any problems in my configuration file?