Marvell 8686 with wpa-supplicant problem ...

Dan Williams dcbw
Fri Nov 2 04:04:26 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 11:08 +0800, ScottLiu wrote:
> Dan,
>
> 	Thanks for your comment, actually Marvell provided their own WPA-supplicant called wpa-supplicant 0.4.7 in the same tar file with driver but still cannot work, so I just tried wpa-supplicant0.6.0 but the same.
> By the way, you mentioned that you worked with marvell refernece driver at this summer, I'm curious what situation when broken.
> Does it the same situation with error logs(Invalid IOCTL) in my before mail list ?
>
> I have looked into the driver and found no mapping IOCTL number between wpa-supplicant and marvell driver.
> Does it means marvell reference driver not comply with wpa-supplicant ?

It's at least not compliant with stock upstream wpa_supplicant's WEXT
driver.  A _ton_ of the work we did with the in-tree libertas kernel
driver was specifically to make it work well with WEXT and the stock
wpa_supplicant.

Dan