Scan wifi card on linux when connected-

hong zhang henryzhang62
Wed May 30 12:44:54 PDT 2007

when driver scans, it will scan all channels as
default. Driver supports about 32 channels on a/b/g.
Default scan time on each channel is 100ms. It takes
at least 3 seconds to complete scan job. If client is
associated with AP, for example at channel 6. If scan
is allowed, driver will leave channel 6 when it scan
on other channels. Unless AP konws driver is canning
and AP buffers packets for more than 3 seconds.
Otherwise, packets will be lost.

So I think normal scan is not allowed when connected.