Porting wpa_supplicant (was: Information Needed!!!)

Jouni Malinen j
Thu May 10 19:50:35 PDT 2007

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 06:24:02PM -0700, rdu n wrote:

> I am working on Wi-Fi Security investigation. So I
> came accross the Wpa_Supplicant package and found
> interesting in knowing more. I wanted to know that
> what time it requires to understand the source code
> and to port to other OS or other chip sets. I know the
> Wi-Fi security protocols therotically. Now i am
> interested in porting. so just need the approximate
> time frame.

The amount of work needed for fully understanding wpa_supplicant depends
a lot on how familiar one is with C language and relatively low level
code. Likewise, the time needed for porting to a new OS varies greatly
depending on the type of the target OS and how familiar one is with it
and especially its network implementation. Without knowing these
details, it is impossible to give any accurate estimate on how much time
would be needed.

What OS are you planning on porting for and which chip set would you be
using?