wpa_gui restarting dhcpcd?

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Mar 21 18:49:20 PDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 04:59:27PM -0230, Craig Harding wrote:
> Has there been any talk of adding code to wpa_gui to restart dhcp when a new
> connection is made to a sid? A restart of dhcp is needed everytime I
> re-associate or associate with a new SID.

I have not heard such discussion. Anyway, a GUI application is not a
good place for doing something like this. wpa_cli can be used to
implement such a trigger and with some (more modern) DHCP clients, there
should not be any need for this kind of trigger since they can determine
association changes themselves.