Turning of AP switching

Bohák András andras
Sun Mar 18 14:11:04 PDT 2007

Hi,

We have a dormitory-wide WiFi network with about 20 APs with one SSID using
PEAP MSCHAPv2. Our problem is that whenever a microwave oven is turned on,
or something similar, the clients think that they should reassoc. to a
better AP, and while they do so, higher level connections are lost.

Is there a way to turn off AP switching? I can set ap_scan to 1 (which means
that wpa_supplicant should take care of this), but how do I tell
wpa_supplicant to hold on to the original AP as long as possible?

Thanks in advance,

Andras