segmentation fault when "hostpad hostad.conf" returns on IXP425

Jouni Malinen j
Sun Mar 18 10:16:11 PDT 2007

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 09:05:57PM -0700, hong zhang wrote:

>   My version 4.9 hostapd caused segmentation fault when "hostapd config_file" returns on Gatework 2348 with IXP425 CPU (actually somtimes OK, sometimes cause segmentation fault).

Can you provide more details on this issue? Please at least send a debug
log (-dd on command line) showing where this segfault happens. If you
could generate a core dump file and figure out the exact location of the
program and backtrace for it (e.g., with gdb), that would be very much
appreciated.